Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Dash for Cash RVA: A Treasure Hunt through Downtown Richmond
Sunday, November 4, 2012 from 12:30 PM to 5:30 PM (EST)
Ravenchase Adventures, Richmond Magazine and 103.7 The River are proud to sponsor Dash for Cash RVA: A Treasure Hunt through Downtown Richmond as part of the kickoff weekend for "Feed Richmond" to help support FeedMore, the umbrella organization for the Central Virginia Food Bank, Meals on Wheels and the Community Kitchen!
Contestents will race to solve a series of clues using treasure maps, gadgets and logic! Cash prizes will be awarded to the top three finishers.
First Prize: $2,000
Second Prize: $1,000
Third Prize: $ 500
Teams of up to 6 people are permitted. Entry fee includes admission to after-party celebration at Cha Cha's Cantina, one drink ticket, a T-shirt and other cool stuff.
Prizes will be awarded for the most creative team name and the most creatively dressed team!
With Thanksgiving right around the corner, please bring canned goods and other non-perishables to the collection bins on site at check in. Representatives from FeedMore will be in attendance.
Check in begins at 12:30. Hunt begins promptly at 1:30.
Don't be shut out...limited spaces available!
Is there an age limit to enter the hunt?
- There is no age limit to enter Dash for Cash RVA. The game is written for ages teen through 100. Note however there is significant walking (or running) involved to reach all the clues locations.
- Waivers are required for all participants. Those under 18 years of age are required to have a parent or guardian present to co-sign their waiver.
- Players under 18 years of age are required to have adult supervision during the entire game.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
- There is lots of free on street parking available on Sunday. Pay lots are available on East Grace Street between 6th and 7th, Franklin and 4th, Franklin and 8th, and Marshall and 7th.
What should I bring to the event?
- This is a race! Travel light! It is also a rain or shine event so please dress for the weather. Wear good walking shoes. Sandals, flip-flops or heels will be regretted mid-game. Don’t forget to factor in the comfy T-shirt you’ll be getting when you check in. And since we want you to feel unencumbered, you’ll be getting a lightweight backpack to carry all your stuff.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
- email@example.com. Just ask your question and every effort will be made to get back to you as soon as possible!
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Can I update my registration information?
- Once you have registered, any changes to your registration information can be made by email. Just provide the changes and your registration will be updated. Email your changes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
- As long as you have registered, if you bring your photo ID, you don't need to bring your ticket.
What is the refund policy?
- We're sorry if you can't make it on race day. Things come up and plans change. Although we can't provide any refunds, it’s fine (and easy!) to transfer your ticket online, so please try to find someone to take your place!
Do all the members of my team need to be present at check-in?
- If you have registered as a team, all members of the team need to be present at check-in. And remember that prizes will be awarded to the most creatively dressed team!
How many people can be on a team?
- Teams of six are the largest size. But teams of two or three have their advantages too.
Can we bring our kids…even little ones?
- The game is written for teens to adults, though geeky 12 year olds might have fun. Considering the distance covered and the various states of the city sidewalks, strollers may prove to be a hindrance to winning but fun will be had by all.
When is the registration deadline?
- We will be taking registrations online until Thursday, November 1. In order to be sure we have the correct size t-shirt, please register as soon as you can. Advance registration only, no registration will be allowed on game day.
When is check-in?
- Check in starts at 12:30. If you come early, you’ll have plenty of time to bring your canned goods and non-perishables to the Food Bank bins!
How long does it take to finish the race?
- Really fast folks will be finished in about an hour or so. If it takes you two hours, that’s about average, and if you are really taking your time, we’ll keep the party going until 4 hours after the race starts…so until about 5:30.
After I sign up, what happens?
- You will receive an email confirmation from Eventbrite. You can print it for your records, but you won’t need it on race day…just a photo ID will be fine. You’ll get some reminders (please be sure your email address is correct on your registration!) and if you have any questions in the meantime, just send us an email at email@example.com.
Where does the race start?
- When you register on Eventbrite, you will see a map indicating the approximate location of the grassy lot behind the Carpenter Center. It faces East Broad between 6th and 7th Streets. It’s directly across from 600 East Broad Street on the south side of the street and is adjacent to the U.S. Bankruptcy Courthouse.
Can I drive during the game?
- No, you can walk, run, jog, lope, trot, skip or gallop, but you have to do it using only your feet…nothing with wheels, treads or hooves may be used.
Is this a closed game course?
- No. The streets and sidewalks are open to all traffic. You must use caution and your best judgment to navigate the course and cross the streets safely. Laws governing of traffic and pedestrians must be followed.
Are there other rules I need to know?
- Yes! You'll get lots more information a few weeks before the event.
Dash for Cash is presented by Congregation Or Atid